2 cups Brown Lentils
3 Garlic Cloves
1 Chicken Stock Cube
1 cup Salt-Reduced Tomato Paste
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
1 Bay Leaf
1 pinch of Paprika
1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
3 tbsp chopped Parsley
Finely chop the capsicum, carrot, onion and garlic cloves Put the lentils in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and drain immediately. Put 2 litres of water in the saucepan, add lentils and all other ingredients except parsley. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally and add extra water if needed. Season to taste with ground pepper and serve with a sprinkle of parsley.
Per Serve: 341 Calories, 25.6g Protein, 2.2g Fat.
- Cream together the butter, powdered sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Stir in the coconut and make form into dough.
- Bake in oven at 350 °F (175 °C) until done, about 8-12 minutes.
- Dust cookies with a white sugar for a nice coating.
* 1/8 tsp ground allspice
* 2 tbsps chili powder
* 1/8 tbsp ground cloves
* 2 tbsps ground cumin
* 2 tsps ground oregano
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1/4 cup coriander
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 1 cup chopped green pepper
* 28 oz tomatoes with green chilies
* 15 oz tomato puree
* 1 jalapeno pepper
* 15 oz ranch style beans
* 6 tsps packed brown sugar
* 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- Remove seeds and trim off entire jalapeno membrane (white and slivery part) or if you prefer your chili hotter, clean jalapeno and grate on a small grate or microplane.
- In a large Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan, heat the oil, and sauté the onions, garlic, green pepper, and jalapeno pepper until they are softened.
- Add the ground meat, and cook through.
- Add the coriander, cloves, allspice, oregano, brown sugar, chili, cumin and cook briefly until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes (and puree), and beans. Bring the chili to a boil, reduce the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serving over brown rice will make this even more filling. You can also add cheese and sour cream.
- Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy.
- To create a layered look, use a ice cream dish and layer each ingredient in the dish.
* 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
* 2 oz egg, slightly beaten
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* 2 tbsps parsley
* 1 dash pepper
* 1 dash salt
* 1/2 small red onion
* 1/2 medium bell pepper
* 1/3 cup tomato sauce
* 8 oz pork rinds, crushed
* 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- Heat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Mix all ingredients and put in a 8x8" pan. (No need to make into a roll.)
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered then remove and let stand 10 minutes.
- Note: you can use sausage instead of beef and try and use salt free tomato sauce.
- Peel and slice cucumbers into coins.
- Cut tomatoes into pieces.
- Dice red onion.
- Add vinegar and water and mix well.
* 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 cups fluid heavy cream
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 2 stalks small celery, chopped
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 medium green bell pepper
* 1 medium red bell pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine celery, bell pepper and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium heat until onion is translucent. Stir in pepper, salt and cream.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in reserved vegetables and cooking liquid.
- Heat through and serve.
- Note: if thicker consistency is desired, add one or two egg yolks and simmer an additional 10-20 minutes.
* 1 tbsp ground basil
* 1 tsp ground oregano
* 1 dash pepper
* 1 dash salt
* 2 cans chicken broth
* 4 cups broccoli
* 2 sliced carrots
* 1 14oz. can diced tomatoes
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 1 package okra
* 1 cup chopped snow peas
* 2 cups chopped zucchini
- Add all vegetables and chicken broth to a large pot.
- Cook for 2-3 hours on low heat.
- Serve hot or cold.
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and Splenda at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. Add all other ingredients except eggs.
- When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly.
- When eggs are incorporated, do not mix any more. Over mixing the eggs is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake.
- Then place the barrier pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake.
- Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300° F (150° C) pre-heated oven.
- Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200° F (90° C) for 1 more hour.
- Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. The cheesecake can even be left overnight at this point. Cracks can also occur when a cheesecake cools too quickly.
1/4 cup plain yogurt, skim milk
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg, fresh
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 large apple, chopped
1/2 cup packed raisins
1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 stalk medium celery, chopped
1 tbsp green pepper, chopped
1 tbsp red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Reconstitute the raisins in a little hot water for about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Mix all ingredients together
Energy: 116kcal | Carb: 21.43g | Prot: 2.80g | Fat: 3.50g
* 1 large egg
* 1 tbsp parsley
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1 tbsp seafood seasoning
* 1 lemon yields lemon juice
* 1/3 cup chopped celery
* 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
* 8 oz cooked crabmeat
* 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
* 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
* 0.67 cup mayonnaise, fat free
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Broil for 5 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Brown the ground beef in a large pan. If desired, add 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- When beef is brown, stir in regular can of pinto beans.
- Mix shredded lettuce and beef and bean mixture in a large bowl. You can use pre-packaged shredded lettuce.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top of salad.
- If desired, add salad dressing such as fat free sour cream or chunky salsa.
- Makes two large salads.